New Kodak Z990 MAX superzoom with 30X optical zoom, 12mp backlit CMOS, RAW, PASM, 1080p
Just like clockwork, Kodak is updating their current superzoom flagship. The brand new Easyshare Z990 is listed at Amazon and it is following up on the Z981 which followed up on the Z980. The new Z990 sports a 12mp backlit CMOS sensor, and an optically stabilized 30X optical zoom lens that is "blessed" by SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH. The lens starts at 28mm (eq) f2.8 and goes to the moon (840eq~) at f5.6. Also of interest to non-beginner photographers, it continues to offer RAW and PASM. Hooray!
Continuing with the Amazon specs, it has:
* records 1080p video
* 3-inch HVGA LCD
* ISO 100 to 6400 (12800 available at 3mp)
* +/- 2EV in 1/3 increments
* 16-1/2000 manual shutter
* the usual three metering modes (center spot, center weighted, multi-pattern)
* 120fps at 1-megapixel (max 40 images)
* scene modes
* "Film Effects" including HDR, Kodakchrome, Sepia, T-Max, Tri-X, Ektachrome
* SD/SDHC and 128MB internal memory
* usual Kodak NiMH/AA battery solution
The MAX you see is part of the name. Kodak is apparently giving the superzoom series a consumer-friendly descriptive name of its own, like they do with "Touch" and "Sport" for today's other models.
The new Z990 is available for pre-order at Amazon for $330.