Housekeeping update: RSS feeds moved to Google account
Summary: This is an informational message only. No action is needed on your behalf unless you run into any problems. We have moved our RSS feeds from a Feedburner account to a Google account as Google "digests" Feedburner. There should be no problems or issues for you as the feed addresses are automatically converted and forwarded. If you do notice any problems, please let us know.
Since we moved to a Google account, we are also testing out Adsense-for-Feeds ads on the main blog feed. I know almost everyone hates advertising, however, please keep in mind that we are providing free full-text feeds and while we are grateful to the handful of wonderful people who made donations-in-lieu-of-subscriptions the last few months, if we depended on donations alone, there would be maybe two blog posts per month.
More details: We use Feedburner to burn our RSS feeds. Google will be switching all the Feedburner accounts into Google accounts by February 28, 2009. So feedburner accounts have to be converted/transferred to Google accounts by then. This has to happen eventually. It's better to do this ahead of time, so in case there are problems, they can be ironed out before there is the mega-auto-conversion congestion at the end of February.