Reader's Choice Digital Cameras: Results so far!
Latest Results among DSLRs
- Full-frame DSLRs: 5D Mark II slightly ahead of the Nikon D700, Nikon D3 at the #3 spot
- Enthusiast DSLRs: Nikon D90 has a slight lead over the D300, while further away in votes, the Pentax K20D and Canon 50D are fighting for the #3 spot
- Affordable DSLRs: The Digital Rebel XSi 450D has a very clear lead, it has twice the votes of the #2. But the #2 spot is a hard fought battle between the Nikon D40, Panasonic G1, Nikon D60, and Pentax K200D
Latest results among fixed lens cameras
- Compact RAWsumers: The Panasonic LX3 has a 12% lead on the Canon G10. Together they have 76% of the vote. The Nikon P6000 is voted 6th out of 7. NRW-ouch!
- Superzooms: The Panasonic FZ28 leads the way, followed by the Fuji giantsumer S100fs, and then the Canon SX1 IS (CMOS sensor) and SX10 IS.
- Fun Zooms: This is not even close, the Panasonic TZ5 has 60% of the vote, with the Canon SX110IS and Fuji S2000hd fighting for the #2 spot
- Worthy compacts: This is a catchall category that includes the cameras not included in any of the categories above. The Fuji F100fd has a slight lead over the Canon SD990IS (Ixus 980 I believe), with the A590-IS, SD880-IS (starts at 28mm wide), and Panasonic FX37 (25mm wide) not that far behind.
And a ground-breaking category, since these type of cameras are rarely given awards, meet the ...Paper Camera of the Year. That's right, a camera that exists on paper. The orange Olympus Micro 4/3rds prototype has a commanding lead, followed by the Leica M8.2 and Sigma DP2.
Vote now! (until November 30)
If you agree or disagree with that results above, you can make a difference, vote for the Reader's Choice Cameras!.