Nikon D3X shown in the Nikon Pro magazine!
It's about as official as it can get without an official press release. The Nikon D3x was shown in the Nikon Pro magazine, captured by the Seb Rogers blog! Great catch! Oh my! Scans of the magazine can be found here and here.
Highlights of the Nikon D3x
- 24.5 megapixel 35.9x24mm sensor
- 16-bit EXPEED engine
- 5fps at full-resolution
- 7fps at DX crop mode (viva DX!)
- DX mode captures 10-megapixels
- dual Compact Flash slots (at 35MB/s)
- MultiCAM 3500FX autofocus w/51 points
- ISO 100-1600 (bonus ISO 50, and boost up to 6400)
- 3" LCD (922000 dots, 170 degrees)
- Live View
- Battery EN-EL4a (like D3)
- weather-resistant magnesium body
- 12ms startup
- 41ms shutter release lag
- 75MB files
- no mention of price or availability
Reactions to the D3x
For early reactions, be sure to check the Nikon forum. The expectation is for an official announcement on Monday. So Nikon has managed to dominate the two biggest shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday :-)
Nikon super-guru Thom Hogan opines on the D3x leaktroduction on his website. There is no direct link to his post, but currently it's the top article at his home page.
The leaktroduction made it to the top of the page at Techmeme.