Ch-ch-changes: New blog with new updates
Why the change?
We love Blogger/Blogspot, it was and still is a great blogging service. All is great until (or unless) you run into a major problem that requires assistance from Blogspot. If you are lucky, you may be able to get the attention of a Blogspot employee within a week or two or three or four or more. If you are lucky. It would be great if they had expedited customer support for a reasonable (or even unreasonable) fee, but unfortunately they do not.
So after careful deliberations we have decided to continue our updates elsewhere. We considered a number of options, including Wordpress, Wordpress.com, or an "old-school" HTML site, but ultimately we decided to go with TypePad. TypePad is similar to Blogspot in many ways, but it has two major differences with respect to our situation:
1) It has Customer Support available 24x7x365
2) It charges a monthly fee for its services
Why we love(d) Blogspot/Blogger?
- you spend more time on blog content, and much less time on webmaster issues
- it is part of Google which means world-class IT infrastructure - for free!
- Google-Blogspot will likely be around long after most other IT companies M&A or chapter-11
Why are we changing if we love Blogger so much?
- No Customer Service/Support when something bad happens
- Blogspot has too much control over your blog (robots.txt, power to shut you off without explanation, rhyme or reason)
- Blogspot has given its automated robots too much power and no live humans are available to undo the damage done